HEALTH AND SAFETY: INTEGRAL TO OUR MISSION
The actions of all Vridhi Maritime employees, both on board and ashore, are guided by the following principles:
- Accidents and injuries are almost always preventable.
- Each individual has personal responsibility for his or her own safety, as well as for the safety of others.
- No business objective is so important that it requires the sacrifice of safety standards.
- A job is considered well done only if it is safely done.
- Safety procedures must always be followed.
A PREVENTIVE, PROACTIVE APPROACH TO RISKS AND HAZARDS
Our philosophy towards Health & Safety is that any decision made, or any action taken, by a shore-based professional or seafarer must aim to be preventive and proactive rather than reactive. Accidents, incidents, and near misses can be eliminated and/or mitigated carefully by assessing and evaluating potential risks and hazards that may jeopardize Health & Safety. To attain this, we have created a formal risk assessment mechanism that applies internal controls to the company’s activities so as to decrease the probability of mishaps, mishandling and errors.
We strongly believe that successful Health & Safety management is an integral part of the company’s mission, and is crucial for the company’s future sustainability.